Monday 22 October 2012

London Calling! (Part 1)


Hey guys! So Katie and I recently got back from spending a weekend in London! It was super amazing! I wish I could go again! We saw just about every British sight you could see. We’re also now pros at navigating the Tube! It’s actually pretty easy haha. Our trip started with a bus trip leaving at 5:30am. It was definitely tough getting up that early but worth it when we got to London at 11am. Our first sight, I’ll give you a hint...Beatles. Correct! It was Abbey Road! I’m a huge Beatles fan and I realized after I looked at the photos of me walking on Abbey Road that my expectations for duplicating the Abbey Road cover were way too high. I never would have guessed this road would be so busy! Trying to get the perfect picture, I was waiting for all cars to go by and people to get out of my photo without much luck. So here it is: the original album cover and my album cover.


Not quite the same. Anyways, it was still really cool being there and getting to do it!

The rest of the day we spent traveling outside of central London to find the Harry Potter Set Tour which is at Warner Bros.’s Leavesdon Studios! This is the actual site where the Harry Potter movies were filmed! When we got there it was amazing! They had actual the actual sets from so many of the scenes from the 8 Harry Potter movies! It really was magical (see what I did there? haha)! The amount of detail that was put into every single thing was just crazy! For example, we got to go into the actual main hall and see original outfits from the movies! One of my favorite things to see from the entire day was the door to the Chamber of Secrets that has the big snakes on it! It was just so massive yet so detailed! They had brooms, entire room sets (like Dumbledore’s office, Umbridge’s office, the Weasley kitchen, etc.), life-size dummies of the main characters, sketches of everything imaginable! It was extraordinary!
Here we are super excited to be there!

I kept telling Katie that I was getting so overwhelmed by how much amazing stuff there was that I just kept taking photos of practically every single thing!  We also had butterbeer! Katie loved it! For me, I’ve now had butterbeer at the only 2 places in the world that officially sell it, here and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida! (Yes, I’ve been very lucky in that I’ve been able to go to both of these places!) We finished up the day by going to King’s Cross to see Platform 9 ¾! So cool! Anyways, our first day back in London (We were here for a day and a half for orientation where we saw Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, and Hyde Park) was pretty amazing! Day 2 would be filled with the more quintessential tourist experiences. More on that to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment